Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Character Cafe' Blog Hop!




WOO HOO! It's the premiere of the new design team for The Character Cafe', and the premiere of new releases! Kendra and Kelly have been hard at work getting this new release ready for you, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the hop!

Let's get some business out of the way, and then I'll give you the hop order, and of course my creation for today. First-there is a code for you to get 30% off of all the new releases, and that is "OctBlogHop" without the quotations. This code is good from Friday Oct. 2nd through Friday Oct. 9th. Next, of course you need to visit every one's blogs and leave a comment. There will be a freebie along the way, never know where it is! Each DT member will choose one winning name to win the image that they have used. And-drum roll please-Kelly and Kendra will pick one name from the comments on The Cafe' Blog to win the grand prize of ALL of the new releases. Also, if you post on your blog or a forum about our hop you will get another entry. If the winner has already won a new image from the DT blogs, they may choose an older image.

Ok, now if you've come across my blog from Dianne's, then you are on the right track. From here you will need to go to Deanne's.

Finally onto my project. I kinda got bored doing just cards, and decided to do something different. Of course I didn't get a chance to do anything until today, and then couldn't decide what I wanted to do-what's new! So here I am at the last minute trying to get this done. I found this cute little template for a Christmas Tree Box here. I got to use this cute little snowman image. I love snowmen, so this was perfect for me. Although, I wanted to use all of the new images. I printed the template and put it all together. It was very easy! I made a tag with the snowman image to attach to the top of the box. The box is actually supposed to be used as an ornament, which I think is really cute. I used DCWV dp from the Christmas stack. I made the stars in Microsoft office, added some jewel stars and glitter, and voila'. HERE it is! Now onto the blog hop order in case you get lost along the way.
Just wanted to let you know that The Character Cafe does have a new website, but due to some unexpected technical difficulty, you will be able to get there from the home page of the old one that is linked above. Have a wonderful day, enjoy the hop, and we can't wait to see what you create with all these wonderful images.

40 comments:

TesaB said...

Hey Sara! What a beautiful project you've done! Cute box and fantastic image. Got to love snowmen! The little glass beads makes such a nice effect and wow I'm totally in love with that ribbon! Have a great weekend!!!

Lilacanglia said...

super project,
great idea,
nice image,
Hugs
Angie

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Great projects and great blog hop.

Ali x

LadyTrucker said...

What a cute stamp! Great job on the box, that is great paper.

Unknown said...

Hi Sara,
This is beautiful, so different and what a cute image. Well done.

Hugz
Dawn xx

Donna said...

wow! Sara - I love your project! What a fab idea!

Crafty hugs Donna xx

Mary said...

Love your project Sara!

~Mary

Unknown said...

LOVE snowmen! This is so cute!

Diane (djuseless) said...

What a cute project! Love the snowman!

Kendra said...

Great project Sara... I need more ornaments, I think i might have to check out this template (oh, maybe for Tek Tuesday too!) and create some for my sorry excuse of a tree :) I love all the little details you added too... fantastic! Welcome back!

specialcraftmom4 said...

VERY, VERY neat! Love this (:

Harriet Hensley said...

you have done a great job.... I love this 3D creation.....

Jacquel said...

Adorable project Sara...it's really cute!

Piali said...

Super cute!! I love the image...your paper choice is so perfect...Love it ,love it.
Hugs
Piali

Verda said...

Your little Christmas tree box is so sweet.

Tina Thayer said...

Thanks for the great project, what a great kick off to the holiday season!!

Dru said...

Wow!!! This turned out so stinkin cute Sara - love it!!

Donna said...

That snowman is adorable! And what a cute idea for showcasing him. Thanks for the inspiration!

Angie Cortes said...

Awesome project!! This is just perfect for this image! I may have to try this myself LOL!!

Lois said...

Sara, what a fun project. Cute image as well.

Sandie Oxley said...

Cut little treat box...I love it

Lola said...

This is a great project. I'll have to check it out to see if candies fit inside!

stampingtink said...

What a great idea! Love the reat box and the snowman is just gorgeous! I'm going to have to case this one!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Sara,

This is great!!! I love the technique you used and I love that image I have got to work with him soon!! Great job on the Blog Hop I think we have another amazing team!!!

Heather

Billie's Scrappetique said...

How very cute, Sara! Love the ornament idea!!!

Deanne Clarke said...

Sara, what a cute idea!!! Great job!!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Wow!! Fantastic!! Love this image!

Loz said...

I love thinking "outside the box"! This is great, and I like that little snowman!
Loz (Aus)

Patty said...

What a darling snowman! I absolutely LOVE snowmen! I really like how you made the Christmas Tree Box and attached him to that! WAY CUTE!!! I love all the beads too! It just seems to add the finishing touches!

Kelly said...

Hi Sara, I just love this idea for an ornament...too too cute!!
Amazing detail...ribbon gotta have it, stars, and the skittles, (are they?),they are just the icing on the cake.
Amazing job!
Kelly

Jaspere said...

Great job thinking out of the box. It turned out great.

Anonymous said...

hey sara! what a great christmas tree box! that is really such a great idea :)
thanks for sharing the template!

Sarabeth

Fink said...

What a cute idea! I love what you did with the snowman! He is cute!

Unknown said...

Sara, what a fantastic idea, I love the shape off this box and the snowman is adorable, love him, Hugs Avril xxx

Linda's Crafty World said...

Absolutely cute project. Love this.

Jennifer Scull said...

I think this is just adorable! no wonder everyone wants you on their DTs!!!! :)

Angie said...

Love the little box you made! Such a cute idea:)

Gina Lindsay said...

The little treat boxes are adorable. I love that snowman!

yudhabs said...

cute card :)

Cindy said...

What an adorable Christmas box!!
You are so creative!!